From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject Parent information not being referenced in "ref" type portlets
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:39:55 GMT
Someone shoot me straight on this one.  Shouldn't "ref" type portlets or any portlet with a
parent for that matter, default to using its parent's associated classname, init parameters,
media type, etc. if the corresponding ones in the child do not exist.  From what I see, within
the JetspeedPortletFactoryService and maybe I'm in the wrong spot, parent information is NEVER
referenced at any point.

Am I loosing my mind or does this make sense?

If I am sane (always a debatable fact), I will log a bug for this and fix it.

Thanks,
* Scott T Weaver                    *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project   *
* weaver@apache.org                 *