From "Jon Evans" <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject Re: PATCH LocalizationService
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:12:50 GMT
Hi Massimiliano,

Massimiliano Dessi wrote:
> Please see the attached patch.
>
> The different with the previous version it's the private method
> searchKey(Locale locale, String key)
> used by getString(String bundleName, Locale locale, String key).
> The key it's search in the firstbundle, if it' not found it's search in the
> second and so on until the key it's found.

But, that functionality is already there in TurbineLocalizationService.
  Why duplicate it?

Also I don't see the point of re-implementing all of the methods you
are overriding, then calling super.<method> every time.  Isn't that the
whole point of extending another class?  Why stop there, why not also
re-implement getClass() etc.? :-)

The only thing needed in JetspeedLocalizationService is the
functionality to choose a Locale based on a request parameter, that's
why my patch removed all methods except getLocale(RunData).  It works
fine, and although I'm not using it in a production environment yet I
have 2 development sites using that code.

Jon

--

Merlin Information Systems Limited,

Merlin House, Gawcott Road, Buckingham, United Kingdom. MK18 1TN

Tel: +44 (0) 1280 824331  Fax: +44 (0) 1280 824112

http://www.misgl.com

Provider of IT Services and Online Portal Support Services.

Confidentiality:

The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the information
in it by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail to admin@misgl.com

*** This mail has been scanned for viruses ***