From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Planning for Jetspeed 1.4b4
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:58:14 GMT
Mark Orciuch wrote:
> There's been quite bit activity since the last release so, I think, it would
> make sense to do another release. The timing of the new release is TBD (I am
> not caught up on recent activity but I seem to remember a reference to a
> propsoed mid-April release date?). My approach so far was to enter a
> Bugzilla issue for every commit I made and set its Target Milestone to
> '1.4b4' - just run a query in Bugzilla to see. This way we could easily
> generate a nice list of things going into the new release. I know there are
> better approaches to do this with Maven and Scarab but we are not using
> these yet, are we?
>
> Could I ask everyone to follow this pattern (retroactively) or suggest
> another one? Thank you in advance.

+1.

Although "cvs log -N -d ">previousreleasedate" should work, possibly
piped through a script to keep only the revision, committer and log comment.

I have done some commits, I'll go through the list

One of the commits was a big "unused imports" clean up. The commit mail
was rejected (it was too big), but I'll do an entry for this one also.
It should be fairly safe.

Other commits where about cleaning sun's licensed jars.

I think all of the "jar removal" commits can go in the same bugzilla entry.

Regards,
      Santiago