From John Christopher <j...@animalsinneed.net>
Subject Patch submitted for bug # 17839 - Category Filtering Enhancement
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:24:53 GMT
Hi,
 I submitted a patch for the above bug. What the ehancement does, is filter down the categories
in the drop down list of
add portlet. For instance in the default setup of Jetspeed, there are numerous portlets for
news and there are numerous child
categories for news (i.e. new.opensource.technology) this patch would only allow news to display
in the drop down list at first.
Once news is clicked on by the user, all available new portlets would be listed and the category
drop down list would be display
ALL Portlets, news(the parent category in this case), and all child categories(new.whatever.whaterver
etc...). Clicking on the child
category would filter the portlets even further.

Although I uploaded a tar.gz archive to the bug report I was told that some others had problems
getting the files. I am providing links below to
the files needed for the change.

Also, the category registy entries can be tweeked, to take full advantage of this new filtering.

Could a commiter please review and give feedback on this please.

Thanks a lot.

John Christopher