From "David G. Powers" <jetspeed-...@pssp.com>
Subject Re: WebPageProxyPortlet
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 00:18:44 GMT
On Thursday 06 March 2003 03:19 pm, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Will it be dependent on the HTTP protocol, or will it support other
> protocols?
> If it only works with HTTP, then HttpProxyPortlet sounds good (I know,
> I've changed my mind again)

I working on an Http only version.  I'm not aware of any other practical
use.  The RSS stuff is best handled with XSLT, just as are other XML Web
services.  I think other candidate protocols would be handled in the near
term with this Http Proxy, i.e. SMTP/POP3 via WebMail.

That brings me back to the part of my inquiry that I care most about - I
like what I see in the Apache commons HttpClient.  I like it much more
than the java.net.HttpURLConnection.  I'm going to proceed using it
unless I read negative feedback on it.

--
David G. Powers
PowerSource