From "Alexander Bibighaus" <alexan...@scrashmeow.org>
Subject Re: is it possible to use Struts with Jetspeed
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:04:10 GMT
i'm also willing to contribute to this effort.
-alexander

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weaver, Scott" <Sweaver@rippe.com>
To: "'Jetspeed Developers List'" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 4:02 PM
Subject: RE: is it possible to use Struts with Jetspeed

James,

Takes a while to become a committer, but you can definitely contribute!  If
David does not respond to this I will email him directly, and ask him about
the Struts progress.   I don't know the timeline for 2.0, so I think
starting in on Struts right now in 1.4 probably would not duplicate any
existing work and could possibly be ported straight into 2.0.

I have done 2 full Struts applications myself and feel fairly comfortable
with the framework and since I have also done a couple Turbine based apps
also, we should be able to work together to find lowest common denominator
integration points to get this to work.

David,

What is the status on Struts integration in 2.0?  Should we look at starting
integration in the 1.4x code base?  If people are willing to contribute, I
think we should start in 1.4x, since anyone can access that.

* Scott T Weaver                    *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project *
* weaver@apache.org                 *