From "Raffaele Ragni" <raffaele.ra...@cone.it>
Subject R: "Getting anon" Exception, probably related to torque but i'm not sure
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:07:20 GMT

I've seen that the connection isn't establiched before something happens
(torque connection). And I cannot determine other about it.
Now I have big problems since it's happening in production.
Can someone tell me how can i connect that 'connection' when starting
the webapp? Or doing it manually? Or, at least, keep it always open.
(I'm not referring much to torque, just to know where is the first
inizialization)
Since it happens randomly I don't think it's an error in configuration.
Do you think it's a problem of torque, turbine or jetspeed?

Thanks.

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Raffaele Ragni [mailto:raffaele.ragni@cone.it]
Inviato: martedì 11 febbraio 2003 10.01
A: Jetspeed Developer List
Oggetto: I: "Getting anon" Exception, probably related to torque but i'm
not sure

Hi all,
            i'm getting an error everytime i access the first time on
jetspeed (and when i reopen a new browser window..so probably it's about
session), that I belive is torque related, like timings on when the
connections establishes (I just refresh the page and works)
Or probably I just did something wrong in configuration? I checked it
though, i think i've made no mistakes.
I checked the jetspeed.log too, found nothing wrong, at least no
Exceptions.

-         Raffaele Ragni

That's the stack trace:
Horrible Exception:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.LoginException: Failed to get
anonymous user: org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UserException:
Failed to retrieve user 'anon': Connection object was null. This could
be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs
and Torque.properties to better determine the cause. at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getA
nonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:225) at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(Jet
speedAuthentication.java:107) at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedS
ecurity.java:159) at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(T
emplateSessionValidator.java:97) at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(J
etspeedSessionValidator.java:103) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at
org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:521) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:684) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:432) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:356) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:4
27) at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:42) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:204) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:289)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
tionFilterChain.java:247) at
erChain.java:193) at
e.java:260) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
e.java:191) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:239
6) at
:180) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
:172) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
java:174) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:458)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)