From David and Kelly Allen <allen...@cybcon.com>
Subject Using JSP -
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 01:39:34 GMT
I have attempted to set my TR.P file to use JSP templates. However I am
getting an NPE when attempting to draw the home page. It appears
through a little debugging that I am in the base class
JetspeedTemplatePage when I expect to be in JetspeedJSPTemplatePage. Is
my assumption correct? If so, have I missed something the properties
file?

Abbreviated stack trace follows (line numbers reflect the debugging
code I added). The offending code is:
         CapabilityMap cm = ((JetspeedRunData)data).getCapability();
System.out.println("value of cm ");
System.out.println(cm);
         data.setContentType( cm.getPreferredType().getContentType() );

In this case cm is null, the subsequent call is throwing the NPE.

-David Allen

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedTemplatePage.doBuildBeforeActi
on(JetspeedTemplatePage.java:163)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedVelocityPage.doBuildBeforeActi
on(JetspeedVelocityPage.java:83)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:13
7)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:563)