From mmostt...@yci.com
Subject RE: [VOTE] Remove language-specific JSP templates
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:47:15 GMT
As long as the removal of the templates in cvs does not remove the ability
to have different navigation and layout templates based on locale.  For our
sites the locale does more than just change the text to be language specific
but also may change the layout or navigation based on the locale.  Currently
we are doing this using the directories, if this goes away then we will need
to find a new solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Orciuch [mailto:mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 8:00 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: [VOTE] Remove language-specific JSP templates

I am working on bugs 5441 (Remove redundant JSP files in the template
directory) and 5442 (Update the JSP template so they are in parity with the
Velocity). Currently, there are some language specific JSP templates which
I'd like to remove unless I hear some objections. This would make JSP follow
conventions set by Velocity which uses localized strings. I will, of course,
update the JSP templates to use localized strings.

If I don't hear from anyone, I'll assume that it's OK to remove those
templates. Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/