From "Sami Leino" <sami.le...@netorek.fi>
Subject RE: Error: Maximized portlets and 'Home'-link
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:46:20 GMT
> We're currently working on a release and, unless other developers
> disagree, new enhancements should be frozen. That's why I offered that
> you log this into Bugzilla. Besides new Portlet API in Jetspeed 2 will
> probably address this anyway.
>
> What you're asking for is probably not an easy change and I don't have
> time to work on it before the release. You can always implement it
> yourself and contribute it :-)

That's OK with me. Since I had to get it working (I have a
deadline tonight), I modified "BaseJetspeedLink.java" to provide such
functionality for my own purposes. Here's the code I used:

    /**
     * Restores currently maximized portlet and returns to the
     * current pane to the normal mode.
     *
     * @return DynamicURI to the pane
     */
    public DynamicURI getRestoredHomePage(RunData runData)
    {
        String peid = (String)runData.getUser().getTemp("js_peid");

        if (peid != null && peid.trim().length() > 0)
        {
            return getAction("controls.Restore", peid);
        }
        else
        {
            return getHomePage();
        }
    }

That's not the most elegant way to achieve the goal, but it seems
to work well enough.

Sami

--

Sami Leino
Software Developer, Netorek Oy, Turku, Finland