From Babitha Ann <babitha_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Please help- Jetspeed with Mysql
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:12:41 GMT

Hi buddies:

It's really nice to see a good product like jetspeed, Congratulations to all behind this,
I downloaded Jetspeed and configured to work with tomcat.
My environment is Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1.12, Jetspeed1.4b1, mysql 3.23.53
Everything works fine and I could develop a couple of portlets and installed those in jetspeed.
Now I need to use mysql as my database instead of hsql . According to the manual I created
the database called jetspeed in mysql and run the scripts turbine-mysql and populate-mysql
found on src/sql/external  from source release.

I downloaded the mysql driver and put mysql-connect-or-java-2.0.14.bin.jar in my jetspeed/web-inf/lib

In my torque.properties file I changed the settings like
#
#  T O R Q U E  P R O P E R T I E S
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are your database settings. Look in the
# org.apache.pool.* packages for more information.
#
# The parameters to connect to the default database.  You MUST
# configure these properly.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

database.default.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jetspeed
database.default.username=root
database.default.password=

After restarting my tomcat server and when I point my url http://localhost:8080/jetspeed I
get error messages like shown below, Please advise me to correct this and run my portal. Any
help from those who tried jetspeed with mysql/DB2 will be greatly appreciated...

Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Unknown
JDBC driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver: Check your configuration file
 at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:130)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:109)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:164)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:98)

Please help on this matter with steps needed to configure jetspeed on mysql database.

With Lov,
Babitha Ann John