From "Sami Leino" <sami.le...@netorek.fi>
Subject RE: Error: Maximized portlets and 'Home'-link
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:50:15 GMT
>> When I maximize a portlet and click "Home" link in the maximized
>> portlet view, I get the same maximized portlet view again. Shouldn't
>> "Home" take user to the normal view, where all portlets belonging to
>> the current pane are shown in the normal state?
>
> That's what "Restore" icon is for. If you feel that "Home" should
> display the portlet in normal mode, please log an enhancement request in
> Bugzilla so people can vote on it. Thanks!

But how useful is a "Home"-link, if the user does not get anywhere by
pressing it? Currently, the "Home"-link always just renders the same page
again, so it's completely useless. In Jetspeed 1.3, the "Home"-link
returned every portlet to the normal state. Therefore I figured out that
the new behavior seemed like a bug to me.

I can, of course, use the "Restore" icon. But I feel that a "dummy"
end-user needs to have an easy escape from the maximized portlet view,
because he/she does not necessarily notice the little icon there. All I
ask is that you would provide such a "restore all"-link in the
VelocityContext that is available for the "top.vm" and "left.vm" Velocity
templates. Can you provide such a link?

Sami

--

Sami Leino
Software Developer, Netorek Oy, Turku, Finland