From "Josh Hone" <ic...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Parallel-processing stuff (cont. from j-user)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:01:53 GMT
>So if I understand correctly what you have implemented is shared
>contexts between portlets that share a same "scope" as defined within
>the portlet registry. Correct ?

Yes.  Another helpful way to think of it is that you are applying filters
between the Context and the portlets, so that you can say "portlet A should
interact with B but not C or D".  So then the information that gets put into
the Context by a submission of a Velocity form updates the logic of some
portlets, depending on whether the information sharing should or should not
take place.

>Adding a "portlet group" scope would enable a related set of portlets
>to automatically share these tools in a common context between these
>portlets

Yes, and I think that the XML structure provided by the GGF working group on
workflow is the information language to use when implementing this in
Jetspeed.  This can help people, for example, to develop patches of useful
portlets that work together.  How they work together can be defined in the
workflow ML, so that people can submit mini-apps to deploy within Jetspeed.

Josh Hone