From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: LDAP - New Security Framework Ldap implementation
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:59:42 GMT
Hi Ender,

Hey, is that an invitation? I've heard Turkey is beautiful place.

> This ldap backend has a disadvantage, an ugly pooling mechanism which
> can be easily upgraded. For now may be a problem under heavy load...
> At my next mail I will try to explain in detail with some code...

We can sort out what parts we want to commit to Jetspeed.
I believe there are others out there (me included) in getting a standard
LDAP Authentication and User Management services in place.
I look forward to seeing your code.

> be you can inform me about feature licensing and development stage.

IMO - The Jakarta license is a very simple one as far as licenses go.
Rather than having me try to explain, read up on it here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html

David