From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Opinion on log messages
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:43:47 GMT
I'm looking at JetspeedRunDataService, at the log messages.  There's on in
each of the three routines.  These end up in the jetspeed log quite a bit.

I was thinking about removing them.

But looking at them, they are good "debug" messages, even perhaps good
"info" messages - to give us a feel from looking at the logs of what's going
on.  They are also properly guarded with an "if debug logging" test.

So, I think I'll leave them, and if I don't want them, I turn off debug
logging.

I just want to check with the other developers to see if this logic sits
well with you.

Thanks.

- Glenn