From "Steve Davis" <steve.da...@digitalevergreen.com>
Subject Why is BaseJetspeedUser.setNew method package scope?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:49:46 GMT
I am trying to migrate to the new 1.4.b1 release.
We were extending the TurbineUser object. Now I want
to extend BaseJetspeedUser. I was wondering why the
setNew mthod is package scope instead of public like
all the other methods in this lass? If there is a reason
to limit access, shouldn't it at least be protected
scope so it can be easily extended?

Also I am wondering why in the save() method of this
class the logic checks to see if the this.isNew() and
if it is then it does a saveUser otherwise it does an
addUser. Isn't this backwards?

-- Steve Davis