From mmostt...@yci.com
Subject org.apache.jetspeed.portal.BasePortletSet.getAttribute(String, St ring, RunData)
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:15:39 GMT
Hello,
This method seems to have not been finished.

    /**
    Retrieve a portlet attribute from persistent storage

    @param attrName The attribute to retrieve
    @parm attrDefValue The value if the attr doesn't exists
    @param rundata A RunData object
    @return The attribute value
    */
    public String getAttribute( String attrName, String attrDefValue,
RunData rundata )
    {
        // TODO: figure out if we can get an attribute for a portlet set...
        return attrDefValue;
    }

I have stepped through the code have found that the parameter set in the
psml for <portlets> appears in the PortletConfig for the BasePortletSet.
The following code allows this method to return the value for the parameter
from the PSML.

    /**
    Retrieve a portlet attribute from persistent storage

    @param attrName The attribute to retrieve
    @parm attrDefValue The value if the attr doesn't exists
    @param rundata A RunData object
    @return The attribute value
    */
    public String getAttribute( String attrName, String attrDefValue,
RunData rundata )
    {
	    return getPortletConfig().getInitParameter(attrName,
attrDefValue);
    }

Is there a different solution for this?  If not could someone commit this
change to CVS?

thank you,
marcus