From "Aaron Oneal" <aon...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject Jetspeed Security vs. Turbine Security
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:54:22 GMT
Hello,

I have been looking over the group support provided by Turbine vs.
Jetspeed, and I am not clear on the direction Jetspeed is heading in
that area, so I was hoping someone might be able to clarify.  It seems
that in Jetspeed, users can belong to a group, and this has nothing to
do with their role.  So if the user is an "Administrator", they're an
administrator in every group they belong to.

With Turbine, however, users are assigned a role in a group as opposed
to just having a role or just belonging to a group.  This allows more
flexibility since a user can have different roles depending on the group
they belong to.

Are there any plans to update Jetspeed's security model to be more in
line with what Turbine offers?

Thank you,
Aaron