From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Bug in Customizer
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 19:18:10 GMT
David -

Here's my "anon" page:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlets id="200" xmlns="http://www.apache.org/2000/02/CVS">
    <skin name="orange-red-Bordered"/>
	<metainfo>
		<title>The CHEF Portal</title>
	</metainfo>
	<entry id="100" parent="chef.motd"/>
	<entry id="101" parent="chef.intro"/>
</portlets>

I put in the "skin name" for the Portlets.

The PsmlPortlets object created for this *does* seem to have a skin named
"orange-red-Bordered".

The Entry objects have a skin with a null name.

The JetspeedPortletFactoryService's getPortletConfig() returns a config with
a null skin -

then (in public Portlet getPorltlet(Entry)) calls PortalToolkit.getSkin() to
set the config's skin.

JetspeedPortalToolkitService.getSkin(String) sees the null skin name, and
uses "this.defaultSkin" which is set to "orange-grey".  Here's where I would
think it would get the skin from the Portlets, but instead it uses a default
for the service.

Now this is past my area of understanding - but perhaps it rings some bells
for you?

My questions are:

- it looks correct that the skin name is at the "Portlets" level, not at the
"Entry" level, as that matches the UI of the customizers...

- where is / was the code that looked at the PsmlPortlets for a skin if not
defined in the Entry?  Is / was this a feature of creating these objects
from the .psml file?

- is the Entry having a skin, but it having a null name suspicious?

- Glenn

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/j
etspeed/services/portletfactory/JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java.diff?
r1=1.11&r2=1.12&diff_format=h

It appears the setting of the skin was deleted.

   conf.setPortletSkin( pc.getPortletSkin() );

I tried rolling back the changes but it broke the customizer.
I guess there are other files that need to rollback too

I will try to look into it more today, if anyone familiar with this commit
could have a look much appreciated