From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject $jslink question
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 20:22:01 GMT
Could you folks check my assumption here:

I would think that

$jslink

Would encode the current request's profile's information into the URL, so
that if I use a URL with:

/portal/user/admin

And I was *not* logged in as the admin user (which would make this the
default page request, right?), that I would get

/portal/user/admin

at least in $jslink.

Right?

* * *

According to the jslink demo portlet placed on my user named "user" page:
when I login as "user" and use the url:

/portal

I get:

http://gemini.si.umich.edu/chef/portal/page/default.psml

(looks good)

If I then use the url:

/portal/user/admin

(where I've also placed the jslink portlet)

I get:

http://gemini.si.umich.edu/chef/portal/page/default.psml

(not what I am expecting)

I know the profile in the rundata is correct, by displays from a
Log-enhanced JetspeedAccesControler:

[16:07:33,626 INFO ] newProfile: user/admin/html/default.psml
[16:07:33,626 INFO ] currentProfile: user/user/html/default.psml
[16:07:33,626 INFO ] set profile into rundata: user/admin/html/default.psml

The jslink.UserName reports "admin" - perahps the $jslink is just skipping
adding the user in this case.

I need to test a similar case for going to a group page...

Paul, do you have a moment to take a look at this?

Thanks.

- Glenn