From "Setera, Craig" <Craig.Set...@Kingland.com>
Subject Would there be interest in...
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 19:32:38 GMT
I have created a different add portlet customizer for Jetspeed that uses
Javascript and the HTML DOM support in the newer browsers to allow the user
to select multiple portlets in a "tree table" interface.  This customizer
allows takes advantage of the category support to present a nicely organized
set of portlets and does not require the user to "page" through the portlets
10 at a time.  Last I tested,  it works in IE 5.5 (at least) and the newer
versions of Mozilla/Netscape.  There would probably be some work to get it
internationalized, etc.

I am currently trying to get approval from the company's intellectual
property counsel to donate it without violating company IP policy.  Assuming
that I was able to get such permission, would there be any interest from the
group in integrating this support?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer/Web Component Developer
Senior Software Architect, Kingland Systems Corporation