From "Setera, Craig" <Craig.Set...@Kingland.com>
Subject Possible to not rewrite registry fragments?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:32:27 GMT
I've noticed that the Castor registry support currently rewrites the
registry fragments that have been read from disk everytime that Jetspeed is
shut down.  This is somewhat annoying, as these registry fragments always
appear as outgoing changes to our CVS server.  Would it be possible to add
support to the RegistryWatcher or the CastorRegistryService to track whether
a fragment has changed since it was read from disk?  If so, then the
registry shutdown code would only need to write out the updated fragments.

I'm not sure if this is really possible, as I'm not sure how many different
classes make changes to the registry and the fragments in the registry.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer/Web Component Developer
Senior Software Architect, Kingland Systems Corporation