From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: $jslink question
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 02:39:01 GMT
Ok, I've tracked down this problem right through JetspeedLink and into
JetspeedProfilerService.

In MakeDynamicURI, called from the jslink to get the root URI, it has
this basic logic:

If group is in the profile, use it, else if role, use it.  Then if page
is defined, use it.

I wonder if anyone has any objections to me changing this as follows:

1) also consider visiting the page of another user, and work that in
(user, else if group, else if role)

2) if what is specified in the profile is the default for the user,
don't include it in the link.  I think this is just the page - if the
page is the default page, don't add the page to the URI.  If the profile
is based on user, and the user is the default user, don't add user to
the URI.

???

Also, I'll fix BaseJetspeedLink so that it get's the Profile from the
rundata, rather than creating it anew each time from the
Profiler.getProfiler().  Only if the profile is not in the rundata will
it create it, and in that case it will store it into the rundata.  This
is the same code that is in JetspeedTool getPortalElement(), and in both
cases they will log this as a strange condition (since the
JetspeedAccessController really should have already taken care of this
at the start of the request) (although I ought to change JetspeedTool's
System.out.println to a Log.warn as I'll make it in BaseJetspeedLink...
ok, I will).

Any objections?

- Glenn

- Glenn