From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject Re: getTemp() usage
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 07:42:04 GMT
Glenn Golden wrote:
> I put a breakpoint in TurbineUser.getTemp() and have been watching all the
> getTemp calls for a single request - wow!  There are many.
>
> One thing I noticed is that we seem to be building the profile many many
> times.  Even though it's stored in the rundata!  I think that the jslink
> needs it (in BaseJetspeedLink), so asks for it
> (Profiler.getProfile(rundata)), and the Profiler class just passes the
> request to the ProfilerService, and it just goes and creates it...
>
> Unless I'm missing something here, it seems that we could put a check in the
> Profiler class that pulls the profile out of the rundata, if it's there,
> instead of calling the service...

I'd rather think that all the classes that need to retrieve the *current* profile
should retrieve it from JetspeedRunData. IMO Profiler should only be called
by classes that need to retrieve arbitrary profiles (for customization for example).

Professional Services Manager
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris