From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject Re: Portlet API re-implementation
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 14:19:59 GMT
Glenn Golden wrote:
> Raphael -
>
> I have backed off on changing this stuff now.  I like your comments - and I
> think many of us feel the urge to re-write this baby, and do it better.  I
> strongly urge us all to wait for the new JCP Portlet API, and use that as a
> given for part of the work, and design a portal engine / portlet container
> that takes the best ideas from Jetspeed 1 and copies the best code from
> Jetspeed 1 but is a clean re-write to make Jetspeed 2.

Actually, I propose to create a "whiteboard" area in the repository where all
the committers can "play" with their different ideas without impacting the main
Jetspeed build.

That will possiby accelerate the rate of development of new features...

What do you think ?

Professional Services Manager
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris