From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject Re: Connection between JSR 168, JetSpeed and IBM?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:11:04 GMT
I think yes.

My main reason being that the current API has significant design
shortcomings:
- it's not abstracted from implementation (exposes Turbine API)
- it does not support a persistent lifecycle
- it mixes 2 different concerns: applicative component and layout component.
- PortletConfig is evil and basically breaks caching.

Based on all this, I'd much rather promote a new API as soon as possible
(but keep
backward compability) even if this API will need to be tweaked after the
JSR resiult.
Additionnally, implementing this API may well help the JSR effort by
giving a tool to play
with in order to fine tune the API...