From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject Re: Cleaning up Jetspeed
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 06:44:28 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>Jetspeed committers do have sufficient permission to delete directories
>from the jetspeed cvs on icarus.apache.org.
>
>Just ran a test and deleted the directory
>/x1/home/cvs/jakarta-jetspeed/conf and its contents (one old JR.p file
>in the Attic) from the cvs. I then did a fresh checkout to verify.
>
>Im a little unconfortable doing this, but it does seem to work.

As long as you have a backup of the complete repository available and
you clean the Attic
at the same time as the directories, everything should be fine.
However, this will break the checkout of old versions of Jetspeed, so we
should still keep
an archive of the current state of the repository somewhere.

After I've completed the code clean-up in the repository, I'll start on
the CVS clean-up.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com
Professional Services Manager