From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Portlet.getID() returning NULL
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 01:02:45 GMT
I have backed off from attempting to cleanup the whole PortletConfig -
Portlet API issue at this time.  Instead, I found the problem with the
portlet ID and fixed it.

I am also going to make sure that velocity portlets include the portlet
id in the cache handle, so that the cache can distinguish between
different portlet instances in the cache, since that's really what we
are caching.   Because the PortletConfig (and other info) is part of the
Portlet API and that is what is cached, the cached object contains
information specific to an Entry of a particular portal page (thus
making it a Portlet Instance, sort of). There will be a new
AbstractPortlet extension to handle this for other portlets if anyone
wishes to cache more precisely.

- Glenn

On Friday, May 10, 2002, at 12:53  PM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> [...]

- Glenn