From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Possible Jetspeed Developer's conference?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:47:19 GMT
Well, if you wait, you will be waiting for about a year, as that's the time
frame for the portlet api as I understand it.  We are going ahead with
Jetspeed for a multi-year project, starting deployment this summer, with
full knowledge that we will have to re-code to the new api once it's
established.

We are also using Velocity Portlets, in part because I like what it does for
us, but in part to protect us from the underlying portlet api.  When the new
api is in place, I'm sure someone will port the VelocityPortlet base classes
so that all VelocityPortlet extensions will still work.

And at that point we may still re-code our portlets (and services) to the
new api.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/