From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Portlet Caching problem
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:33:17 GMT
I have a case where I have two portlets registered in the registry - both
have the same parent which is a CustomizerVelocityPortlet.  The parent sets
the template.  The two portlets have meta data but no other parameters.

Put them both on a page and they don't display properly.  Instead, we get
two of the same displays.

I've tracked this down to the JetspeedPortletFactoryService's getPortlet().
It seems that for the two portlets, their class is the same, their parent is
the same, they do have different ids and meta data, but the cache handle
ends up the same for them both.

So searching for the first, it finds a cached portlet, and then sets the
meta (and I think id) to be correct. Searching for the second, it ends up
finding the same portlet, and modifying that object's meta (and id I think)!
When we get to the display part, the set has 2 entries, both the same
portlet object.

I'll take another look at this and think of a solution, but it seems to me
that the caching handle is just wrong.  I'm not sure yet what right would
be.

Anyone who knows anything about this, please chime in!

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/