From "Setera, Craig" <Craig.Set...@Kingland.com>
Subject RE: turbine and ojb
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 18:37:41 GMT
David,

Do you have any concerns with JDO and its lack of exceptions?  When I looked
at the spec last year I was concerned with the overall concept of
"transparent persistence".  Problem is that there is so much that can go
wrong with persistence backends.  I'm just interested in your perspectives
on this, as I have not yet actually done anything with JDO.

Thanks,
Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:37 PM
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List'
Subject: RE: turbine and ojb

> i saw some ojb stuff was checked in to the jetspeed repo.

OJB worked fairly well for persisting the Jetspeed registry.
I think it would've been a lot more difficult with Torque/Peers.
Id prefer to do all Jetspeed persistence with JDO.
I know OJB has plans in that area but they are too far off for my
immediate interests.
We have a working JDO implementation which I'd like to move into a
Apache project.
So far no luck but Im not giving up.

> ojb like any other component (e.g. torque) i'm also writing a
> generator for ojb based on the torque generator

Good. Glad to hear it. How does it work? Does it generate a
repository.xml?