From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/build build.xml
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:33:22 GMT
Hi,

--- taylor@apache.org wrote:
> taylor      02/04/05 13:17:42
>
>   Modified:    build    build.xml

This is deprecated - use Maven  ;-)

I suggest we use the build.xml in the jetspeed route directory to
build from.

This uses maven for compiles and jar'ing.  That is, the default task
is maven:jar, and there are maven:compile, maven:clean etc.

Any targets not covered by maven I have set it to delegate to our
build/build.xml file.  For example, install, deploy and war.

So - I suggest you put a hotdeploy target in the route directory
build.xml (in the jetspeed custom section).

One big difference is that things are now built into a directory
called 'target' - not 'bin' !

Its still very much early days - so have a go and see what you think
- let me know of any problems/issues you have.

Chris

PS (for general info)

To use maven

1) Install Ant (reccomend 1.4.1) (so that the bin/ant is on your
path)

2) Install Maven - see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/install.html

I suggest you setup a build.properties file with lib.repo and
maven.home defined in your user.home directory.  The jar version
worked fine for me.

When everyone is happy with this, we can the look to remove the jars
in the lib directory and ant from the jetspeed cvs repository...

=====