From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using current Torque with Jetspeed - a few problems...
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:47:33 GMT
Hi,

> >Since torque and some of the other new components use log4j, it
> seems
> >the cleanest way forward is to default to using log4j file logging
> >for jetspeed.
> >
> >Is that ok with everyone?
> >
> I thought we were already using it, but as we are using Turbine
> logging
> service I could be wrong. At least you could configure log4j as
> default
> logger.

I must admit that I am assuming that since the default logger
jetspeed uses is the FileLogger (not the Log4JavaLogger) that this is
a Turbine custom logger and not log4j...  but I just plan to change
the default to a new entry in the TR.props that will definitely use
the log4j logger - in a way that allows us to mix other log4j apps -
ie by defining a root category.

Chris

=====