From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Portlet Caching problem
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:42:42 GMT
Hi,

--- Glenn Golden <ggolden@umich.edu> wrote:
> In fact, isn't the portlet cache totally wrong?  If it finds a
> portlet
> object in the cache, and uses this as the portlet object in the
> portlet set
> used to process the request, and there's any sort of multiple
> portlet
> instances going on (or, for that matter, any other user is viewing
> another
> page that has the same portlet!), it will start reusing and
> modifying
> meta/id on the object!  I hope this is not the case...

I don't know for sure, but it might be related to the fact that I
recently enabled VelocityPortlet caching (assuming this is a new
problem).  Previously it created a new instance of the class for each
browser request - and possibly each portlet on the page.  It now
caches the object.

HTH,
Chris

=====