From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject A Title for Jetspeed pages
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:32:35 GMT
 From some time ago, I thought we were misbehaving by not setting any
HTML title tag to our pages. I added one some days ago to
layouts/html/default.vm, but it was static for the whole portal.

Now I thought a much cleaner way to do it, as I get understanding the
whole velocity setup. I have committed small changes to do it:

default.vm uses $!{data.profile.document.portlets.getMetainfo().title}
to set the title of the metainfo of the root psml element.

I have also committed new psmls with a title set. For the spanish ones I
added barrapunto, a Slashdot clone in spanish (barrapunto is a literal
translation of Slashdot, so I don't think they get angry).

It could be handier if org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.PSMLDocument had a
getTitle() method which did:

getPortlets().getMetainfo().getTitle() with null checks. (In the current
setup Velocity takes care of nulls, specially in getMetainfo() ).

Left as an exercise for the reader (it everybody agrees this method is
helpful). ;)

Do you like it?