From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Caching of external resources results in empty portlets
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:21:58 GMT
Niek Bunskoek wrote:

>Hello Santiago,
>
>Is there a way to change/fix the value of 'the default entry
>expiration'? If so, how can I do that? Can you tell me exactly what to
>do?

There are lots of confusion here. Just to clarify (for people referring
later to this message without context): we are speaking about
JetspeedDiskCacheEntry, *not* about PortletEntry.

There is a patch in CVS recent.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/cache/disk/JetspeedDiskCacheEntry.java.diff?r1=1.29&r2=1.30&diff_format=h
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/resources/JetspeedResources.java.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&diff_format=h
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-jetspeed/webapp/WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties

These three URLs show the changes to have this operating.

>This is very important for me. When this problem has been solved I can
>continue using Jetspeed 1.3a1...

You can upgrade to CVS or else try to patch yourself this behaviour in
the code you are using.
This code has not changed a lot in the last year, so I think the patch
should be workable (maybe requiring some small modification).