From Atul Dambalkar <adamb...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed with DatabasePsmlManagerService
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 00:52:27 GMT
At 11:14 PM 10/4/01 -0700, you wrote:

>If no page parameter is defined, the Castor impl. is using "default.psml" as
>the default page.
>So my guess is that you aren't storing anything if page parameter is not
>set.

True, I depend solely on ProfileLocator object for that piece of information.

> > And hence it fails, to get profile PSML for user "test1" as
> > database record
> > doesn't have page name "default.psml", and instead gets the
> > default page
>
>Perhaps the Profiler should set the default page name when none is supplied.
>This is not currently how it works.
>The part I don't like is that the profiler seems to be working
>inconsistently.

Yes, it is not consistent. So it is not a bug per se.

>On creation, it does not automatically fill-in the default page.
>Yet when locating, it sets the default page to "default.psml" in the
>ProfileLocator.
>It should work consistently. What about if we always set the page to the
>default (if it hasn't already been set) in the profiler?
>I believe that is what you'd like to see, right?

Yes, Correct.

> > Also, I would like to have some opinion on how the testing
> > can be done for
> > other databases that Jetspeed/Torque supports. I am testing
> > it on Oracle
> > right now..
>
>In theory, it should be as easy as changing the TRP properties (depending on
>how portable your implementation is ...)

Yes, it is fairly portable and definitely should be just changing TRP file
(clubbed with re-generation of MapBuilder classes in the build system). I
have put all the methods in ProfilePeer classes that were generated by
Torque..used something like 'State' pattern depending upon the profile
locator information. I haven't touched any other generated class. So, when
the database changes, the ProfilePeer classes which has additional methods
won't get re-generated where as all the other classes viz. *MapBuilder need
to get re-generated and that's what we want. We just have to incorporate
the re-generation in the build system. You can review whatever I have done
so far.

>How did you create your database tables, with Torque or with Oracle DDL?

I created database tables with Torque generated scripts.

>If you didn't use Torque, we will also need scripts to create the tables for
>each supported database like in src/sql/external.
>
>I can test hypersonicSQL and mySQL easily here.

Great..I have bunch of source files..let me mail you all the source
files..and Torque schema file.

-Atul