From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:25:12 GMT
Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

>>We are making Jetspeed evolve so that it supports both byte-stream
>>portlets (be them java-class-portlets, jsp, vm,...), and
>>sax-event-stream portlets (be them XSLT based or generated). You are
>>welcome to help here. ;-)
>>

>Where is the code ? to try to help a bit :), i'm interested..

I'm cleaning up our propietary code, and requesting permissions to Open
Source parts of it.

The idea is to have a XSLTTemplating engine, that uses a Context with a
SAXHandler and (kind of) DOMTools. So it should be mostly compatible
with our current bean-like tools and context, in fact the idea is using
the same tools and make them available in the stylesheets as pseudo-dom.

I will try to open something ASAP. In the while, looking at the current
Velocity rendering process and making it abstract and compatible with
JSP should help to have a cleaner set of interfaces. For instance,
having tools being exposed automagically as JSP-beans using
introspection would be great. Volunteers?