portals-jetspeed-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: version number
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:15:32 GMT
Paul Spencer wrote:

>I agree with Jon, we should call the next release 1.3-b1.   Along those
>line, we should limit enhancement between the beta and the release of
>1.3 to those that will NOT break user developed portlets.  If this means
>releasing 1.3 sooner and postponing the implementation of the new
>Portlet API to 1.4, I would support that decision.
>
I am +1 on this one also.

We have a product that depends on jetspeed, and I would like to have a 
stable point to have simpler release cycle, so I'm not continuously 
moving code between undocumented, unreleased versions of turbine and 
jetspeed.

I think PortletAPI work missing is enough to give a thought to freezing 
API in 1.3, release, and then have a extended 1.4 release cycle with the 
new API.

>
>
>Paul Spencer
>
>Jon Stevens wrote:
>
>>on 10/13/01 2:13 PM, "David Sean Taylor" <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>>
>>>If we can fix all of these bugs and implement the essential features, the
>>>quality, in my opinion, will be good enough to drop the alpha.
>>>
>>If that happens, then the next release would be beta. :-)
>>
>>-jon
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message