From Peter Rajesh <raje...@siptech.co.in>
Subject Webservice in Jetspeed Portlet : Exception Thrown
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 05:23:36 GMT
Hi,

I am using tomcat322 and Jetspeed 1.3a2. I tried to implement a portlet
which uses the WEBSERVICES from http://www.xmethods.com . My portlet
entry in the registry, is as below:

<portlet-entry name="ZipCodesPortlet" hidden="false" type="instance"
application="false">
            <title>ZipCode to County</title>
        <classname>ZipCodesPortlet</classname>
        <parameter name="provider-name" value="jetspeed"
hidden="false"/>
        <media-type ref="html"/>
    </portlet-entry>

I compiled and coped the ZipCodesPortlet.class in the /Web-Inf/classes
dir. .
But when the portlet is displayed it is not contacting the URL and
giving the following exception:

"Get Zipcode Details Error opening socket: Host unreachable: no further
information "
Attached the Java file for reference. Please let me know if you have any
idea.

Regards

Peter Rajesh