From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Putting .psml/markup info into database
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:44:45 GMT
Atul Dambalkar wrote:

> At 10:50 AM 7/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>

>> Check these:
>>
>> http://castor.exolab.org/xml-mapping.html
>>
>> http://castor.exolab.org/jdo.html
>

> Sure...Thanks for the pointers.
>
> They have really a good example code.
>
> Are those Castor Mapping files ready yet? When I looked at the
> CastorPsmlManager it does use the Castor Unmarshelling..but doesn't use
> any mapping file... If those mapping files are ready, can you point me
> to that..we can directly start using that.

There's no mapping file for PSML now but there is one for the Registry
/WEB-INF/conf/registry.xml

>> I globally agree except than I *do* think that some users may need
>> alternate
>>
>> Profiler implementation if they want to implement advanced adaptative
>> profiling
>

> Okay, but then in that case, they definitely need to implement there own
> ProfilerService..and also the PsmlManager has to be implmented for any
> additional things.

I don't think PsmlManager and Profiler should tied directly. The coupling
between the 2 services is done through the Profile interface and Profile
implementation. If you don't change the Profile interface there's no reason
to update PsmlManager when you update Profiler.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris