From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Navigation bar
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:40:05 GMT
Steve Davis wrote:

> We used javascript rollovers in a navigation bar for an
> intranet we did using version 1.3a1.  It worked fine.
> If you are using jsp templating just replace the stuff
> in top_loggedIn.jsp under the WEB-INF/templates/jsp/navigations
> with your nav bar and make the links go to the appropriate
> jetspeed pages.
>
> In 1.3a1 we just created a psml file for that contained
> the portlet set specifications for each page we wanted to
> display and then could have that come up by creating a link
> to http://<host>:<port>/jetspeed/portal/page/psml_filename.
>
> I am trying to figure out how to do something similar in
> the new CVS version. It does not appear that I can build
> links like that anymore and have them work.  Anyone out
> there know how to have multiple psml files for a user where
> each psml file contains a portlet set for a screen?
>
> Digging through the code it seems like I have to create
> a new screen template for each page that I want to display.
> I then have to build my links to look like
> /jetspeed/portal/template/screenname.  Is this right?
> Anyone know if there is a better way to do this?

You can use the Jetspeed pull tool in Velocity or the <jetspeed:pane>
tag in JSP to achieve the same results.

Example of a generic "PSMLScreen" velocity template:

generic.vm
#set ( $pane = $data.Parameters.getString("page") )
$jetspeed.getPane($pane)

and use the following URI:

/jetspeed/portal/template/generic/page/mypage

These generic templates will be included in 1.3a2.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris