From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Putting .psml/markup info into database
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:15:20 GMT
Hi Anil,

Im just looking at your database schema.
I see

>          USER_ID INT NOT NULL,
>          ROLE_ID INT NOT NULL,
>          GROUP_ID INT NOT NULL,

Since the ProfileLocator doesn't store the User, Group and Role objects,
these values will not be available to you.
If you want to use the IDs from Turbine, you will need the User, Group Role
objects stored in the ProfileLocator instead of the string names.
I will make these changes to the interfaces as we discussed yesterday.

> PRIMARY KEY (USER_ID,MEDIA_TYPE,LANGUAGE,COUNTRY,PAGE);

Are you sure you want this to be the primary key?
Turbine always uses a generated 'object id' as the primary key, and leave
business values to secondary keys.

The USER_ID is dependent on the TURBINE_USER table, if the row gets deleted
from the TURBINE_USER table, Im not sure how you plan to keep the
referential integrity, since I don't see a foreign key. Likewise for Role.