From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: VelocityPortletControl and VelocityPortlet
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 09:53:27 GMT
raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com wrote:

> I've just landed the second part of the VelocityPortletControl work:
> - replacing the PanedPortletControl with a Velocity template based one
> - implementing the "Close" action (not very well actually...)
> - implement proper Maximize and Customize functions

I'm looking at the code, and it looks great. It is much cleaner to have
a template to design controls than to write ecs code for this. Also, it
allows out

It looks like it should be a TemplatePortletControl, and leave the
selection of the template engine and creation of the context to Turbine.

In this way, we could have VelocityControls, JSPControls, and
XSLTControls out of the same code base. Feasible? I don't know well the
context creation and template selection processes.