From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject VelocityPortletControl landing
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 15:30:12 GMT
I've just landed the first version of the VelocityPortletControl and
assorted modifications.

To test it out, check out the current CVS and log in with turbine user.

Among the changes/new features :
- the control appearance can be controlled by a Velocity template, defined
  in the registry

  Note: WML support is broken right now with this control because it doesn't
  handle yet mime/language based template serach paths. This feature will be
  included as soon as Jason and David are done with the Turbine 2.1 integration

- the control is PortletState aware and allows to minimize/maximize controlled
  portlets persistently as long as you are logged in. This behavior can be controlled
  on per portlet basis to implement any specific customization policy (just
  override the allowCustomize(), allowMaximize(), etc... methods.

- the default implementation for Portlet.supportsMimeType() is now to look into the
  registry definition for listed media types.

- I modified the PortletSetFactory to let components search for specific entries
  within a PSML file

I'll complete the implementation of the Customize control action and port the PanedPortletControl
Velocity within the next 2 days.

In the meanwhile, I'd appreciate any testing and bug reports on the functionality.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net