From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: License Update
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 02:14:12 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>> If you are using mindterm as your tunnel, then it would be
>> taylor@localhost:/home/cvs
>

> yes that did it, 'localhost', thanks.
> Its right there in the instructions, now I see it...

FYI. Today I had problems using localhost, that did not disappeared
until I did (as Sam said) s/localhost/127.0.0.1/ ). It was under Windows 2000.

Some windows machines do not have an entry for localhost. It might be worth
to add it in the doc (I think I have no permissions there).

I don't know what is THE LAW, with regards to this. I always thought that having
localnet --> 127/8 and
localhost --> 127.0.0.1 was mandatory, but I see more and more exceptions to this.

I cc: commiters, to have more visibility and save time later, when win people complains.