From clomb...@netscape.net
Subject Re: RE: PSML_02 branch status & new customizer
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:59:08 GMT
Hi David,

Unfortunnalty security in Slide is not the same as the Turbine security.
But it is complementary. In fact, in Slide all requests are based - if I remeber the exact
name - on a token. Depending of its value, Slide will check what you can do on the repository
(access, lock, version, ...).
Obviously this token can be initialized with a Turbine user or group name.

I think the best way to integrate it into Turbine/jetspeed is via a new Turbine service. I
create a small one which give acces to the Slide API (not yet all). Slide has not a default
gui so, by using Tubine/velocity context, it is not a big issue to define your personnalized
GUI.
Until now, it under dev &  a lof of coding is still required.
To be honnest, the security integration is my most difficult issue. Otherwise that's works
fine thanks to the all developers present in these jakarta sub-projects.

I will be very happy to help you for this job.

Christophe