From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: PSML_02 branch status & new customizer
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:17:14 GMT
> I've currently on my coputer a complete interface based Object Model
> for the confgiuration objects (created from PSML2 files).

LOA (lots of applause) :)

> They're ready to
> commit, except for the javadoc documentation.

Why don't you commit to the branch? I'd very much like to see it

> Once the OM is committed, I think it would be great if
> someone could start
> thinking on a new customizer based on this OM (especially
> writing mockup
> templates while I finish the base classes implementation)
> I like the Pull methodology :)

I can give it a try.

> One issue I don't know how to deal with yet with the customizer is:
> how can a user search for a new portlet to add to his page ?

Another approach: portlets would have 'category attributes' in the registry.
When searching, you would check the attributes for a match, like <meta>tags

Im also thinking of a 'portlet lookup' page.
The lookup page would display a table of all available templates

+ Portlet   |  Description   |  Categories

The user could sort and filter the list by criteria such as the category.
When a portlet is selected, the user would be returned to the customizer
page,
and the portlet would be placed on the page.

- david