Have you considered : CockRoach DB?

It is similar to Google Spanner but with soft clock mechanism.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 11:02 PM Hengesbach, Martin <Martin.Hengesbach@fiz-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

Hi,

we are using Phoenix in production since more than 2 years. We are quite unhappy with the reliability of Phoenix. We migrated from Oracle because of the performance (we have tables with up to 200M records, each record up to 30 MB in size, up to 10 selective columns). Phoenix is really much faster than Oracle (20 nodes cluster).

But we have problems with

·         Phoenix totally hanging, only restart helps (We were able to reduce this from daily to monthly)

·         incorrect indices, need rebuild

·         select statements not producing the expected (specified) results

·         Upserts sporadically not working without error message

·         Some not reproducible errors

·

We are thinking about switching to another database, but the question is: what is better (reliable and performant)?

Conclusion: With the current status of Phoenix, I would never use it again.

Regards

Martin