I recognize that name. Some of his posts were... memorable. I'm not surprised to hear he was banned.

On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:06 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Pawan,
Why would you listen to someone about the future of Apache Phoenix who has no involvement in or knowledge about the project? Michael Segel was banned on the HBase lists for a while due to being too belligerent. He's not a committer on any Apache project. Has he even contributed a patch? To any project? Ever?

You're welcome to join our dev and user list to get an idea of what we're up to.

Thanks,
James